No one likes to fail.
That is why learning about positive affirmations and how to use them should help you get away from failure and onto the road to success.
That is because these positive affirmations you feed yourself help you to build confidence in your abilities, your looks and what you can achieve.
Plus, positive affirmations work to build a new you from the inside out. That is the key to using these little quotes.
The good news is you do not have to lug some thick, heavy dusty book around with you to give yourself or others the lift you think you and they need.
These little quotes can be stuck on a little post it note and placed just abut anywhere. Your home, bedroom, bathroom, car, and even your work kiosk or office space.
You can give yourself a boost when you need it just by looking in the right direction.
To find out more about positive affirmations and how to use them just continue to read our article.
It explores the issue so you have more time for yourself and your positive life building experiences.
Learn About The Community That Helped Me Achieve My Biggest Dream!
Working from home while blogging about the things I like.
What Are Positive Affirmations
You have probably heard that you need to use them but no one has ever explained to you what they are.
What constitutes positive affirmations is that they are short little sayings that uplift your spirits and encourages you to strive to be positive about your life and specific situation.
These little sayings are to be repeated but not in a robotic sense of the term. You repeat them when you can feel that the affirmation is true.
In this way you are reprogramming your brain to think that you are better than your situation says you are and that you can succeed and obtain greater heights.
Plus, you are working on your subconscious mind to get it to help you do better.
In even simpler terms you are conditioning your mind to think positive and that you can find solutions for your problems, including employment and success.
Key Characteristics Of Positive Affirmations
To understand positive affirmations and how to use them you need to understand the 3 characteristics that are involved with them.
The identity of the positive affirmation has to follow a set and very specific formula or your brain won’t see them as positive affirmations.
Here are the 3 elements that a positive affirmation has to have in to be considered a positive affirmation:
- They are always in the present tense - if they are in the past & future tenses then they are not positive affirmations order.
- They only include positive words - negative words are not allowed and only defeat the purpose the positive version is supposed to bring to your life.
- They are spoken as statements of fact & truth - in other words, words of possibility are not welcome as they do not have the affect on you as true positive words do.
What Can Positive Affirmations Help You With In Life?
The first thing that positive affirmations are supposed to help you with is with your long and short term goals.
As long as those goals are realistic then positive affirmations should be able to motivate you enough to get you to the finish line.
The second area of life that positive affirmations help you with is with self-confidence and self-esteem. These words build you up instead of tearing you down.
You see your abilities and use them instead of hiding from them and not using them.
The third area you can use positive affirmations is in your exercise and weight loss programs. These inform you that you can get the tasks done and that you will meet your weight training and weight loss goals.
Then they help you see some success in employment, salary needs, friendships and even romantic encounters.
Louise Hay, Joseph Murphy - Positive Affirmations And How To Use Them
The field of positive affirmations and how to use them is not without its champions.
These two individuals helped develop the ‘science’ around positive affirmations and hot to use them.
This woman who recently passed away at age 90 first used and discovered the power of positive affirmations when she was diagnosis with cancer.
She credits her practice of using positive affirmations in helping her overcome her cancer diagnosis in 6 months.
From there she went on to exploring the field publishing a variety of books on the topic in order to help others discover what she found out. Ms. Hay was able to develop different healing techniques that help people feel more positive about themselves.
She worked for almost 40 years on this mission. Her perspective on this topic is that these positive affirmations open a door for you to step through onto your new path in life. She also felt that saying the affirmations is only one part of the whole process.
She put a lot of emphasis on what you did the rest of the day, up until you went to bed at night.
Ms. Hay also felt that positive affirmations were only the seeds that needed to be planted in your mind then they were to grow after that, helping you change not only your outlook but your experiences.
Also, she felt that you need to think good thoughts in order to water those affirmations you had planted in your mind. She was it is how you think that makes the difference.
Is also an author and he looks at positive affirmations in a little bit different light. His thinking is that stating positive affirmations is the same as it being so.
Then if you maintain this train of thought, even when the odds and evidence are against you, then it will become a reality.
In two of his books, Science of Mind and The Power of Your Subconscious Mind Dr. Joseph lays out the different techniques you can use in order to change from a negative lifestyle and standing to a positive one.
What also makes his work and his beliefs different is that he tries to incorporate religious beliefs into his ideology.
He is much into prayer and frames his thinking around that premises.
Plus, he felt that you could program your mind to think positively even when you are in the midst of a busy day.
Then when thoughts of fear or anxiety entered your head, he was confident that you could overcome them with the power of positive affirmation used in the right way.
One of his techniques used sleep. He taught that if you used positive affirmations as you drifted off to sleep you could reprogram your negative thoughts into positive ones.
The key was in repeating those positive affirmations when you were waiting to fall asleep.
These two people are just two of the individuals working to develop positive affirmations and how to use them to fit your lifestyle and situation.
They felt that positive affirmations and how to use them were not restricted in any way. They could change your life if you practiced the techniques they taught.
Writing Positive Affirmations
One of the keys to having positive affirmations work for you is to know and learn how to write them. There are a few steps you need to follow to make sure you have them written in a way that will help you change your life.
Here are those steps you need to take in order to write good positive affirmations for you:
- They should only contain positive words - if you have any negative words or words of possibility then remove them replacing them with positive word.
- Keep the positive affirmation in the present tense - this goes for those you write that are not true. One example is to write one that says you are wealthy, etc., even if you are not. You are only seeing wealth in a different way than other people.
- Stay relevant - you can create positive affirmations for specific situations. For example if you want a good job interview then tailor the affirmation to produce that result. How you word the affirmation is important and try to stay away from sentences like ‘I will give a great interview’.
- Repeat what you have written - this is not a hare krishna mantra where your mind goes blank and all you are thinking of is the positive affirmation. It is just a repetitive activity to help you reprogram your thinking about yourself and your goals. There is also no set number of times or ways you should repeat these affirmations.
- Use physical touch - this will help you as you repeat those affirmations you have written about.
Positive Affirmation Writing Tips
When thinking about positive affirmations and how to use them you need tips on how to write them. Some of the following tips may be similar to the advice in the previous section but that is okay.
That is just positive reinforcement to help you remember how to write them so you get the benefit from their words.
Tips for using positive affirmations
To use positive affirmations and how to use them correctly you may need a few tips to guide you in their use.
Getting help is not a negative step nor is it undermining your positive affirmations.
Tips are designed to help you implement those positive affirmations and how to use them correctly. Here are those tips:
- Repetition - this can’t be stressed enough. Repeating them a few times each morning and evening should help your mind get used to the new way you want to think. It helps put you in a better mood and can convince you that you can do it. You can repeat them to yourself silently or out loud. Whichever way is best for you in your life situation.
- Record your affirmations - then you can listen to them at any time you want especially if you are beginning to feel like you are losing the change. Just make sure to read them in a calm voice and you can use background music if you like.
- Make notes - post it notes are usually the best because they have self sticking adhesive on the backs so you can stick them anywhere. If you do not have post it notes then a little scotch tape and small notepaper will do the trick as well.
- Self hypnosis - this is a technique that helps you get those positive affirmations inside your brain and subconscious mind the fastest. But be careful when you use this method.
- One word of warning - not all positive affirmations will work. There are a lot of depends factors that come into play especially the ones that are too unrealistic. Look at the examples given to help you find the boundary between realistic and unrealistic.
Some Examples Of Positive Affirmations
You can use the following statements as examples to write your own and make them specific to what you want to change. Having positive affirmations and how to use them right starts with writing them correctly:
#1. Positive Affirmations For Love
- I radiate love and others reflect love back to me.
- I am loving and lovable.
- I am attractive.
- My romantic relationship is healthy, long-lasting and full of love.
- My partner is kind, compassionate and understanding.
- My partner is very physically and spiritually attracted to me.
- I am with my soulmate and we share a life full of love.
- Life is full of love and I find it everywhere I go.
- My relationship is divine, and my partner and I are perfectly matched.
- Here is a deep understanding between my partner and I.
- Forgiveness and compassion is the foundation of my romantic relationship.
- It is easy for me to look in the mirror and say, “I love you.”
- My words are always kind and loving, and in return, I hear kindness and love from others.
- Every day of my life is filled with love.
- All communication between my partner and me is loving and kind.
- Everything about me is lovable and worthy of love.
- My partner finds my sexy because (he/she) is attracted to every part of me.
- All of my relationships are healthy because they are based in love and compassion.
#2. Positive Affirmations For Work
- I further my career with every action I take.
- I have my dream job.
- I love every day that I work.
- My career brings me closer to my family.
- My job brings me financial abundance.
- My coworkers love being around me.
- My boss values the work I do.
- I am a valued employee.
- My clients appreciate and value my work.
- I attract new clients every day.
- My positive attitude, confidence and hard work naturally draws in new opportunities.
- I am enthusiastic and excited about my work.
- My enthusiasm about my job is contagious.
- My workplace is peaceful and full of love.
- I make decisions easily.
- I speak positively about my coworkers and they respond by speaking positively about me.
- I am rewarded for doing my best.
- I engage in healthy stimulation during my breaks.
- I eat healthy, nutritious food during my lunch break and my body is grateful, granting me energy and good health in return.
#3. Positive Affirmations For Stress
- I can move in a different direction.
- There’s an option to love here.
- My true purpose has no time limit and no deadline.
- The joy I see in others is possible in me, too.
- Beautiful things emerge from the most unlikely places.
- Feeling stuck is a feeling and not a fact.
- One area of my life may not be flowing, but another area of my life is.
- I believe in my freedom.
- I’m willing to change how I’m experiencing my life.
- I am the painter, but I am not the manager.
- My appreciation can really turn things around.
- I can reach for a higher thought, and it doesn’t have to be the highest thought.
- Everything is happening around me.
- In this, and with this, there is something better.
#4. Positive Affirmations For Weight Loss
- I love everything about my body.
- I am grateful for how effectively and efficiently my body works.
- I accept the shape of my body and I find it beautiful and appealing.
- I only make healthy and nourishing eating choices.
- I take care of my body and exercise every day.
- My body is healthy and full of energy.
- My body is filled with healing energy every time I inhale.
- I am very grateful and happy that I weigh ___ (fill in with desired weight).
- I crave healthy, nutritious foods.
- I love the taste of fruits and vegetables.
- I am in love with every cell in my body.
- I radiate confidence and others respect me.
- Others find me sexy and desirable.
- I am filled with excitement when I look in the mirror.
- I am filled with love, hope and confidence.
- I greet each second of life with enthusiasm and hope.
- I am grateful for the life force and energy that runs through my body.
- Every action I take increases my confidence.
- Everything I think, say and do makes me healthier.
- I feel safe and comfortable in my body.
#5. Positive Affirmations For Success
- I am successful.
- I am a magnet for success.
- Love, health and success are attracted to me.
- I have unstoppable confidence within me.
- Life just feels great all of the time.
- There is always a way if I am committed.
- I am so excited because all of my dreams are coming true.
- Great things always seem to come my way.
- I am a naturally happy person.
- I am a naturally confident person.
- Opportunities just seem to fall right into my lap.
- I am full of energy and life.
- I am a good person who deserves success and happiness.
- I love myself for who I am.
- Everything always works out for me.
- I am highly motivated and productive.
- It doesn’t matter what others think of me, for I know who I am.
- I am a center for positivity, joy and love.
- I am incredibly grateful for all of my success.
- I use positive thinking to manifest a positive life.
- I choose to think positive and create a wonderful life for myself.
- I find it easy to succeed at everything I do.
- People look at me and wonder how I so naturally attract success.
- I think BIG.
- I act fearlessly.
- The universe always provides for me.
- I am so happy and grateful for my life.
- Things have a way of working themselves out.
- I have such an amazing life.
- I am so lucky. Life is rigged in my favor.
- I love who I am and I love my life.
- My goals and dreams always come true.
- I am passionate about constantly being better and more successful.
- Somehow the universe just always helps me achieve my goals.
- My dreams are materializing before my very eyes.
- The wealth of the universe is circulating in my life and flowing to me in avalanches of prosperity.
- Money wants me.
- I am very motivated, driven and ambitious.
- I can easily pick myself up and lift my spirits when needed.
- I find it easy to be optimistic.
- I only permit positive thoughts to remain in my mind.
- Wealth is all around me.
- I am surrounded by abundance.
- When I go after what I want, it comes to me.
- My mind is a magnet for all good things.
- I have success in all areas of my life.
- I am grateful that I am so healthy, happy and successful.
- Success comes naturally to me.
- Everything I do always results in great success.
- I can never fail, for everything that happens contributes to me being better.
- The seeds of my greatness lie in my mind.
- I am love, health and wealth.
- My affirmations for success always bear fruit.
- Others are inspired by my success.
- I am incredibly successful.
- I am decisive, confident and take action.
- It is so easy to achieve my goals.
- The universe is friendly and helps me to achieve my dreams.
- Right now, I am exactly what and where I want to be.
- Others are attracted to me because I am always successful.
#6. Positive Affirmations For Everyday Life
- I wake up happy and excited every single day.
- Each day of my life is filled with joy and love.
- I am enthusiastic about every second of my life.
- Everything I do is fun, healthy and exciting.
- I am a beacon of love and compassion.
- Everyone sees how much joy and love I have for life.
- I crave new, healthy experiences.
- All of my relationships are positive and filled with love and compassion.
- I see others as good people who are trying their best.
- I find opportunities to be kind and caring everywhere I look.
- easily accomplish all of my goals.
- I only desire things that are healthy for me.
- I instantly manifest my desires.
- My life is full of magic and serendipity,
- My thoughts and feelings are nourishing.
- I am present in every moment.
- I see beauty in everything.
- People treat me with kindness and respect.
- I am surrounded by peaceful people.
- My environment is calm and supportive.
Some of these statements may overlap in life aspects but that is okay.
Repetition is part of the keys to positive affirmation success and being positively reinforced helps with those repetitions.
Take some time and go through these examples thinking how they might be changed to meet your circumstances and help you make better change sin your life.
Positive Affirmations In Children
Help do a lot of positive life building in the lives of children. Those kind words help show your child that you are thinking of them and that you love them.
Each time you use a good positive affirmation you are sending them a positive message that helps build their own self esteem and confidence.
One way they influence your children is that it helps them enjoy their childhood more and lets them see their real selves through your words. Children learn a lot of their behaviors through the words spoken to them by you, their parent.
You can build better relationships with your child by giving them positive reinforcement through these positive affirmations instead of letting them hear negative criticisms that tear down their efforts, their self esteem and so on.
The words you speak not only can change your life but it can change their lives as well. Use positive affirmations to make sure your family is healthy mentally and on the right track to success.
Follow Your Dreams
It is possible that you arrived at my website through the power of law of attraction. That is because I also practice using positive affirmations to help me make the right changes in my life.
If I didn’t I wouldn’t meet you and I wouldn’t have met the support group I now work a lot with. With their support I have been able to follow my dream to its successful implementation and ongoing success.
My dream was to work at home but could not afford to do it. I also let negative thinking impede my progress and derail my dream for some time.
But when I got on the positive affirmation route, I began to see some changes take place, including that support group coming into my life.
With a lot of hard work both in making changes in my life through positive affirmation and working at a new second career I have been able to achieve my goal.
In the short time I have been doing this I have been able to create an online business through affiliate marketing that has replaced my traditional day job.
Learn About The Community That Helped Me Achieve My Dreams!
Check the button below for more information.
I get to work my own hours, represent those products I believe in and make my life a lot happier to live. Plus, I have a good group of people whom I can turn to if the work I do has problems that I cannot fix on my own.
Follow your dreams to success. I did and it is paying off.
Thank you for reading.