It is all about Google Page ranking.
To get your website more traffic you need to be concerned where it ranks with the different search engines. Google is just one search engine but its rankings are very influential and most people refer to Google more than any other search engine.
To get a good website ranking on Google you need to score fairly well on the over 200 factors Google uses to determine where your website ranks. One of those factors is called Page Rank.
To find out about Page Rank and how important it is to you, just keep reading our article. We do the hard work for you so you can make the right adjustments to your websites.
Interested In Making Money Online & Affiliate Marketing?
I can highly recommend a community that helped me create this website & taught me everything I need to know about making money online and affiliate marketing.
What is Google Page Ranking?
It is also called PR and what this criteria does is evaluate the quality and quantity of links to a web page. Then this determination provides a score from 0 to 10 for that page’s importance and authority.
If you are interested, the top websites that scores a 10 on this scale are Twitter, USA.gov, and Adobe Reader download along with similar types of websites. If you want to score a 10, that is the level of the playing field you are competing against.
The bad news is that the bar has been set really high and second place on down is much, much lower. A PR rank of 5 has quite few inbound links but if you are a zero then you have no links directly traffic to your site.
There is more bad news. Google does not tell you what your PR ranking number is. Although it is a very important factor in Google’s secret ranking system.
How Do You Boost Your Page Rank
There are two ways to improve your Page Rank with Google. The search engine uses both factors to determine how important your site is and will place yours above another site it determines is not as important.
- The number of incoming links - the more you have the more important Google will think your website is. The number of links tells Google that you are offering value to your readers, But be careful, you do not want to link build too quickly. If you do, you may be seen as spamming and that is not good.
- The quality of those links - in other words, if most of the websites linking to you are labeled as a 0, your own Page Rank will not be that good. To change your PR is to have higher PR ranked websites linking to yours.
It Is Not All About Links Though
As we said, page rank is only one of the many factors Google uses to rank your website. You shouldn’t focus your entire attention on that one factor when so many influence where your page appears on the search engine results.
One of the main factors used by Google is content and if you lack in the incoming link department, you really want to make sure your content is second to none. Other factors include the following:
#1. Search Engine Optimization - what a good SEO strategy does is help the search engine find your website. This is done through a variety of ways. One of those ways is to use the right keywords. You are not doing keyword stuffing but using keywords to their fullest potential without putting too many in your content.
The best way to use keywords this to do your research before you write your content. It is good to have an idea of what keywords will work for you so you can find the most natural place to use them.
The most valuable keywords should go in your title, subheadings and of course, the body of your content. You also want to place your keywords in the meta title, meta description, image files and other key places.
There are some great keyword tools online that will help you out with this strategy.
#2. Domain Authority - measures the power a website name has and its authority is based on the age of the name, its popularity and size. What DA does is help level the playing field and cuts down on the manipulation of rankings.
For website analyzers to determine how powerful a website name is they use a large complicated system factors including back linking, offsite and onsite activity, to name a few, and then place a numerical value on the website name.
The scale goes from 0 to 100 with 0 being the lowest and for new websites. A powerful and authoritative website will range between 80 and 100. The other aspect of DA is that it tries to predict where in Google’s ranking your website will appear.
This is more of a comparative tool when you are doing your website research.
#3. Link Building - is the strategy that tries to get other websites to link to your website. If you are an affiliate marketer you want to do a lot of link building in order to get referrals and sales.
It will also give your website more authority if you have a lot of links to your website. Even though Google’s algorithms continue to change, back liking still remains as an influential ranking tool.
It also helps search engines rank your keywords. Back links send out the message to Google that your site is very important and has a lot of value to offer all your readers. With a lot of back links, you can get a higher rank.
Like anything else, there is a right way and a wrong way to link build. First, you want to do it naturally. You want to earn your back links and not get them through underhanded means.
If you do the wrong way to accumulating back links, for example buying them or other manipulative tricks, then you could have your website banned from search results.
Tools To Use To Improve Your Google Ranking
If you are not satisfied with your current Google ranking, there are tools you can use to help you improve your over all score. Here are some tools to help you and the good news is that they do not cost you a dime:
- Google Analytics - this is probably the most important and best tool you can use. It cover almost every area you need to be concerned about. This includes website performance and it also provides ways you can improve your site and have more successful campaigns.
- Pingdom - this tool tests your website to see how fast it loads up. Knowing the speed of your loading helps give you the information you need to improve its quickness and raise your ranking. It will also make suggestions on how to improve your speed.
- Google Mobile Friendly Test - a lot of people surf the Internet through their smart phones and iPhones. This tool helps you get your web pages mobile phone ready. By improving your readers’ experience, you help improve your website ranking.
- Google Trends - this tool helps you write content and come up with great topics to write about. Its strengths include giving you topic ideas based on keywords, locations and periods. This tool helps you stay relevant and up to date with the most popular topics out there.
- Jaaxy Keyword Tool - if you want the most relevant keywords to help improve your search engine rank, then this is the tool you turn to for help. Not only does it highlight great keywords, it also helps you get new terms & phrases to use.
- Screaming Frog - if you have broken links this tool will find them. Plus, it will help you with redirects, identify duplicate content and a lot more. It is a tool that handles those boring technical duties you do not like to do.
- Similar Web - this is an overall analyzer that helps study your website and provides the information you need to make the right adjustments. It handles everything from optimization issues to sales campaigns. You get complete information so you can strengthen your weak or under performing SEO strategies
- Varvy SEO Tool - the main duty this tool has its to study your website and see how it is meeting the optimization guidelines Google uses for its ranking process. It handles a variety of technical issues for you, making sure your website matches up to the requirements.
Some Final Words
Google Page Ranking may be a secret now but it is still possible to adjust it and improve your PR score. You just won’t know what your score actually is. Not knowing your score does not mean you can’t improve it.
All you need to do is work on building your quality links. Having quality websites linking to your website is a sure way of making your ranking go up. Just do it honestly.
The good news is that there are a lot of tools on the Internet to help you. You do not have to do it alone.
Thank you for reading. Let me know in the comments below are you using any of the tools I mentioned in this post.