You have heard about the success of your friends and affiliate marketing and you wonder is affiliate marketing worth it. You see your friend’s struggles, trials and tribulations as they work hard to promote those products and niches they have chosen to be associated with.
After all, you may have grown up in an old fashion family that believes business should be done the old fashioned way. Using the computer to create and sustain a business is not high on the list of business activities.
To find out the answer to our main question, all you have to do is keep reading. We have put together the information you need to know. This information will help you see that starting your own affiliate marketing business may just be the right business move for you to make.
This Blog Is Generating 4-Figure Income/Month Thanks To Affiliate Marketing
You can check how exactly I've managed to make this blog a source of passive income for my family and me.
The Elephant In The Room
Before we start answering the question is affiliate marketing worth it, we will deal with the biggest issue there is in affiliate marketing. Is this business opportunity a scam?
A lot of people have dismissed affiliate marketing as a scam because of 3 major reasons:
- They promote get rich quick schemes
- There have been affiliate marketing scams
- People hold to unrealistic expectations and they do not work out
It is going to take a little training to spot the bad affiliate marketers from the legitimate. The get rich quick schemes are a lot easier to identify and avoid but there are some good con artists out there who take advantage of new affiliates and take their money.
Also, there are too many people who look at the potential financial gain that can be made and do not do their business well. They make poor decisions and end up thinking the whole affiliate marketing field is nothing but a scam.
These situations do exist but for every one of these bad experiences, there are many more legitimate ones. In the end, affiliate marketing is not a scam. It is just another way of being a salesman or saleswoman for someone else or a brand name company.
You earn a commission for promoting or helping others buy those products. That is not a scam.
One Of The Best Ways To Make Money Online
Once you get past all the negative stories and complaints about affiliate marketing, you should see that it is one of the best ways to make money online. An affiliate marketing business takes little investment to get up and running.
Most affiliate companies offer you free membership to get started. Then they allow you to choose from their many niches and products to promote at no extra cost. Your initial expense is buying your domain name, web hosting platform and possibly your content management system.
All three of these formats are relatively inexpensive and depends on what features you want to use on your websites. You also get expert help in getting set up. After that, your expense may come in the form of pay per click advertising, paid advertising and so on.
The potential to earn money each month outweighs this little investment requirement. In business they say you have to spend money to make money but that does not mean you spend all of your money to make some portion back.
The trick is to spend just enough money so that your return on investment (ROI) is high and you make a profit.
Shopping Online Statistics Should Convince You
When you set out to answer the question, is affiliate marketing worth it, a look at the online shopping statistics should help you get the right answer. Here are some statistics to see the potential in the affiliate marketing field:
- Since 2000 American online shopping grew from 22% to 79%. That is about 240 million Americans who shop online.
- The market place is large - The United Kingdom leads China, Norway, Finland and South Korea in online purchases and sales. America is in 8th spot which means you have lots of people you can reach with your products.
- Apple users spend more than Windows users by about $41 per purchase.
- 48% of online shoppers buy on impulse and that means if you have a great website you should pick up some great sales.
- If you have the right price you can make more sales. 87% of online shoppers said price was the key to their purchase.
- If you offer free shipping you are likely to get more sales.
- Watch your return policy. 95% of online shoppers said they would buy again from a company that makes returns simple and easy.
As you can see, there is real potential waiting for you and your new affiliate marketing business. You just have to make the right business decisions to tap into this growing market place.
To be a good affiliate marketer you need a good affiliate marketing website. Learn what does it take to create one from our post.
The Benefits Of Starting An Affiliate Marketing Business
Almost everything in life comes with some sort of benefit for most people. Even affiliate marketing. As you investigate if affiliate marketing is worth it to you, take a hard look at the benefits that come with starting your own business.
- You get to set your own work hours - that flexibility helps you take care of family responsibilities and enjoy life more.
- You can work from your own home - you do not need an office, office staff,or high business bills to operate your business. Just a home computer and privacy.
- You have room for your business to grow - the marketplace is there and expanding. That means you have a lot of opportunity for business growth. Just make the right decisions.
- You get respect for yourself - you can see that you are doing well and that you did it. That helps build your self-respect and gives you confidence to continue. You can even expand your product offering.
- You make money - it may not be a lot at first, but you can bring in extra money with little investment.
- You can get a great reputation - once you get this your affiliate marketing business can grow. People will trust you and see you as an expert. That status will help your sales and business growth.
There Is Some Effort Involved
Is affiliate marketing worth it? That depends on how much effort you put into creating and running your websites. This is not a get-rich-quick scheme where you will make thousands of dollars over night.
You are going to do the leg work and the hard work to make your affiliate business a success. No one else can do this for you. The responsibility lands on your shoulders alone.
After all they say that if you want something done right, do it yourself. That is a good motto to help guide you as you build your affiliate marketing business. Here is a look at some of the things you have to do to make it all worthwhile:
- Pick the right product - you can be passionate about it, believe in it but it has to fit you and your expertise. If you are not an athlete or do any exercise programs don’t choose to promote athletic equipment or exercise routines and anything connected to those niches.
- Don’t spread yourself too thin - start with one niche and possibly one or two products. Focus on those and get a solid business foundation. You can always expand later when you are ready to do so.
- Find your audience - again this is up to you and you need to know where your audience is and take the right steps to get your message out to them. The market place is there, you just have to create the right strategy to reach potential customers.
- Create a strong sales pitch - you will need to convince people to come to your website, view your content and convince them to buy the product you are promoting.
One Of The Most Important Tasks
Creating content is probably the most important sales tool you have. If you want your affiliate marketing business to feel worthwhile, then you need to create great content.
One of the things that turns potential customers off is boring content or web pages that do not load fast enough. Content writing is not always easy especially when you have to have to write continuously.
Coming up with original things to say is not always easy either. You may be called upon to write 1,000 words a day on your product and avoiding saying the same thing can be difficult.
But if you can do it then your affiliate marketing business becomes worth it. You will see a good return on your effort and help you turn a profit. One solution to this issue is you can go to the many writing websites that connect you with professional writers whose job it is to be original.
They can help you get the content you need in a short time. But this is a business expense you may not want to pay. You have to decide how you will get your content so your new online business has the chance to be a success.
Why You May Not Be An Instant Success
Building any business takes time. You also have to have the patience it takes to get your business known and drawing the customer traffic you want to see. Plus, you need to be dedicated enough to work your way through the stumbling blocks that come that may hinder your affiliate marketing business’s success.
Those are three key elements in any business’ success story. You do not get those elements over night and it takes time for your company to be known and trusted. Having the right customer service program will also help you get over the hump and be more successful.
All of these elements are needed to help you become a success but there are other strategies you need to use to help you get known and get the online traffic you need:
- Are you using the appropriate key words to attract traffic - a good keyword strategy will draw many potential customers to your website door. Then it is up to your content to keep them there and turn them into paying customers.
- Are you using the appropriate SEO strategies - these strategies help rank your website higher on the different search engines result pages. The higher ranking you get the more potential customers see you.
- Do you have a good advertising strategy - you can use social media, guest blogging, banners and other advertising techniques but if they are not in the right places, then you may not get the attention of enough people to drive your affiliate marketing business.
- Are you learning from your mistakes - failing to learn from those strategies that do not work will hinder your personal success story. Make sure to learn from your errors and develop better online strategies.
If you do not have the above characteristics or online business plan, you can be assured that you will not be a success at affiliate marketing. It all takes time and honest effort to rise above the rest.
Over night success are rare and very far in between. Don’t look to avoid the hard work it takes to be a business success.
Earning Your Customer’s Trust Is Important
One of the keys to answering the question is affiliate marketing worth it is to gain your website visitors trust. Once you get their trust, it makes affiliate marketing very much worth the effort.
Your problem is to convince your website visitors that you are trustworthy. You are battling those people who violate the trust of their customers by creating scams and faulty websites. Also, you have many competitors who are just not that good, provide bad customer service, have high prices and more.
Your job is to convince the customer that you are legitimate and do not behave like those scam artists and bad affiliates.
The way to do this is through standing behind the products you promote and offer your customers the following:
- Have good content - you need to have content that tells the website visitor that you know what the product is all about and that you know what you are talking about.
- Have a good return policy - you do not have to go overboard and give away your profits, but have rules and a hassle free return process.
- You need to provide great customer service - there are too many businesses out there that only wants someone’s money and could care less how their customers are treated. Don’t be one of them. To stand out and build a solid reputation that can be trusted, make sure their customer service is second to none.
What Makes Affiliate Marketing Worth It
One of the ways to make affiliate marketing worth it for you is to judge the different sellers of vendors you may have to do business with. If you attach yourself to a less than stellar seller then affiliate marketing may lose its luster in your eyes and not be worth it.
Here are some ways to judge if the people and their products are worth working with:
- Do they pay their commissions to you on time?
- Do they stand behind their products and offer good customer service, etc?
- After reading their blog posts and comments do you feel they are honest business people?
- Do they have similar values and treat customer service like you do?
- Are they honest in their business dealing or do they try to pull a fast one on you and their customers?
- Do they have ethical business practices?
- Would you be able to promote their products to your friend and family with a clear conscience?
These are just some of the ways to help guide you to the right seller to work with. Plus, working with a good vendor ensures that your affiliate marketing business is worth the trouble and the effort you are putting into it.
Getting the worth out of any business venture is more than just making a lot of money.
Start With Affiliate Marketing
There is one more way to make sure your affiliate marketing business is worth it. You need to get to and join the right training program. Receiving the right training helps you be a better affiliate business person and makes everything more valuable.
With Wealthy Affiliate you get the right tips and tricks of the trade to ensure that you can avoid scams and find the right vendor to work with. They have helped over 1 1/2 million people just like you get their start in the affiliate marketing business.
If you want an online business that helps you make good money, then you get your training from those who know the business best. Once you get the right training, then you are on your way to building an affiliate business that makes the investment of time and money well worth the adventure.
To be a success, you go with the best and learn from them.
Thank you for reading. Le me know in the comments below how much success you had with affiliate marketing.